Advantages of D Programming language
There are more than 1000 programming languages in the world and it is also true that it is impossible for a normal human being to master each and every language. Due to this, the Programmer decides to master in trending and demanding language in the market. These languages can be Python, Java, Ruby on rails etc. Because of the uniqueness and the flexibility these languages are preferred more. But, what exactly is D language. What are advantages of D language, we will see today.
What about the people who got mastery over C and C++?
As you all know that C is the structural language and C++ is the object-oriented language but there are certain common limitations of both the languages which includes less flexibility as compared to another language. Another important limitation is these languages cannot be used in Artificial Intelligence Domain. D programming is the solution for them.
Suppose you got stuck in a situation where you have an idea but you are unable to implement it in code exactly the way you are thinking about it in your mind. This may lead to the compromise of an idea to fit the code, instead of modeling the code to fit the idea.
- D programming language can be the solution to the above situation. D programming language is a Distinct programming Language. D is flexible to programming paradigms, you have an option to choose whichever programming paradigm is convenient for modeling the code in order to fit the idea.
- D programming language is an object-oriented, imperative, harmoniously integrated, multi-paradigm system programming language invents by Walter Bright of Digital Mars and released in 2001.
- D is the distinct language redesigning the core features of C and C++ while sharing the important characteristics from other languages notably Java, Ruby, Python, C#, and Eiffel. D language is an excellent example pursuing the goals to combine the performance and safety of compiled languages with the immense power of modern dynamic languages.
“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.” ― Rick Cook
D language advantages
Each programming language has its advantages and disadvantages, today we will be discussing only the advantages of D Language:
Multi-Paradigm System: D Support five programming paradigm: imperative, object-oriented, meta-programming, functional and concurrent (actor model).
- Imperative: Imperative programming in D is almost similar to that in C. Functions, declarations, data, statements, and expressions work identical to that in C, and the C run-time library may be accessed directly.
- Object-oriented: OOP in D is based on a hierarchical single inheritance, with all classes derived from class Object. No support multiple inheritances in D as it uses Java-style interfaces.
- Meta-programming: Meta-programming in D is supported by a combination of templates, function execution, compile time and tuple. Templates in D can be written in a more imperative style as compared to the C++ functional style for templates.
- Functional: D also supports functional programming features such as function literal, recursively immutable objects, closures and the use of higher-order functions.
Compile and Execution time
C++ compile and execution time is getting much more attention and is decreasing regularly due to the updated and new version of the languages. But you will be surprised to know that it a light year behind the D programming language.
Better Memory Management
D has GC (Garbage Collection) to handle the memory effortlessly. Explicit memory management is only possible using the overloaded operators and also by simply calling C’s malloc and free function directly.
Easy Syntax phrasing
Developers claim that aspects of syntax phrasing make the language more readable. But to be honest, my level of familiarity with C++ is such that this has never posed a problem to me in syntax phrasing.
Fixed Data Knowledge and Pure functions
If the given set of data is inflexible then D language recognize it but in a case of C that case is considered as a worst case. D also recognizes pure functions, unlike C it does not have a complete access to the source code.
It is the name given to the subset of D that can be guaranteed to be safe in case of memory. Safe Memory means that no write access to memory that was not allocated or that have already been recycled is allowed.
Although the D programming is considered as the most underrated programming language it has a bright future. In the future, D can be used in research work in the area of computer graphics. Another popular area for use is in the web services as it offers a lot of framework as compared to other programming languages. In automating the software testing e.g hardware in the loop (HIL) test environment. Gaming in the future will be based on D language. Today only, a lot of the games released by ABA Games are written in the D language.