Microsoft Connect() 2018 Roundup
Microsoft Connect() 2018 took place on December 4, 2018, at 8.30 a.m PST, during the day lot of Speakers were present including GitHub CEO Nat Friedman. Event was actually part of the Microsoft Azure & AI conference, which took place in Las Vegas. They made many announcements related to developers tools, platforms, and cloud.
Preview: Microsoft Connect() Event 2018
Microsoft Connect() Announcements
- Open Neural Network Exchange(ONIX) Runtime. A high – performance inference engine for machine learning models.
- Availability of Azure Database for MariaDB and fully managed MariaDB Community. Release of three popular Windows UX framework for open source.
- Windows Presentation Foundation.
- Windows Forms.
- WinUI XAML Library.
- Azure Machine Learning Service now available to build, train and deploy models from the cloud to the edge.
- Visual Studio 2019 Preview for PC and Mac is now available.
- Includes Productivity Improvement.
- Enhanced collaboration.
- Refined user experience.
.Net Core 3.0 Preview 1 is now available, which provides important updates for :
- Machine Learning
- Windows desktop workloads.
Virtual node feature preview is now available for Azure Kubernetes Service and Python development preview is also available on Azure Functions, which enables machine learning and automation workloads using a server less architecture.
Azure API Management Consumption tier preview :
- Offering serverless API gateway Functionality.
- Instant Provisioning.
- Automated scaling and more.
- Customer Translation capability of Text translation.
- Language Understanding Container Support: Preview
- Smaller SKUs for Azure SQL Data Warehouse Gen2.
- Now available: Azure Service Fabric Mesh fall refresh.
- Now available: Azure Service Fabric runtime version 6.4 & SDK updates.
- CORS Support in Azure Cosmos DB.
- API Management brings your own cache is in the preview.
Microsoft donated Virtual Kubelet project to the Cloud Native Computing Foundation to help developer extend Kubernetes APIs and also Partnership with Docker, Hardship, Bitnami and more.
Microsoft is going very fast now a days and making huge investments in computing, data, AI, IoT, and Edge. This are transforming Azure into a strong Enterprise cloud platform.
Microsoft recently became world’s most valuable company see more details here.